Pico de Papegaio - Hike
I had doubts to make this hike - I didn't know at all whether I would be able to finish it in time (before ferry departure) ...
In the end :
- I made it only in 5,5h (ida e volta)
- I will now only go by ferry + direct car transfer to RJ tomorrow
Anyway , Pico de Papegaio is called after it's 'Parrot' - shape ! It has altitude of 995 m and on the summit U can encounter bolds to do abseiling (I didn't do this ...- unfortenately ! ).
I started 8.30h with the hike, reached the summit at 11.20h after discovering many crazy mammals and birds ...
I was really happy, wet and sweaty when I reached the top.
I was really happy, wet and sweaty when I reached the top.
During the trail many nice cliffs can be encountered, serving as a shelter.
- Monkeys ( at least some in middle-left in the trees)
- Kolibris -(hard to photograph !!!)
Many birds - thermalling on the top of Pico the Papegaio -
Adorable views at almost 1000 m altitude.
Comments
Post a Comment